FairSquare AODA - Accessible Customer Service Policy
FairSquare Group Realty ("FairSquare") is committed to meet the requirements of Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and applies to the provision of goods and services to the public or other third party.
FairSquare is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity, independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Customer Service Accessibility Standard
Providing Goods and Services to Persons with Disabilities
We are committed to exceeding expectations in serving all customers including those with disabilities and will carry out these responsibilities to ensure that policies, practices, and procedures are consistent with the following principles:
- FairSquare’ goods and services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of those with disabilities.
- The way in which FairSquare providers its goods and services to those with disabilities is integrated with the manner in which those goods and services are currently offered.
- Those with disabilities will be given equal opportunities.
- To ensure accessible practices remain customer-friendly, FairSquare encourages open, two way communication and encourages those with disabilities to communicate their need for accommodation or assistance on how their needs can be best met.
Use of Service Animals and Support Persons
Persons with disabilities may enter the FairSquare premises accompanied by a service animal and keep the animal with them. While visiting the FairSquare premises, it is the responsibility of the person with a service animal to control the animal at all times.
In the event that an employee or customer is allergic to the animals, alternative arrangements will be made.
FairSquare will ensure that all persons to whom this policy applies receive training as required by the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. In addition, training will be provided on a continuous basis to all newly hired employees of FairSquare as part of our onboarding process.
- A record of training will be kept by the human resources department. Training will include:
- The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005;
- The requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (Ontario Regulation 429/08);
- Information about FairSquare’ policies and procedures pertaining to the provision of FairSquare’ services to persons with disabilities;
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use assistive devices or require the assistance of a service animal or support person;
FairSquare welcomes feedback, including feedback about the delivery of our services to persons with disabilities. FairSquare will investigate and respond to all complaints relating to such services in a timely, thorough and objective manner. All customers can submit feedback or questions to 1-866-336-6486 ext.7246 or by email at email@example.com.