Spread Holiday Cheer Throughout Your Home with Easy Décor
Although holiday festivities tend to be concentrated in a few central rooms, it doesn’t mean you can’t spread the cheer throughout your whole home! Use strategic décor to add stylish, festive touches this holiday season.
Celebrate even while you sleep – now that’s embodying holiday spirit!
- Hang twinkle string lights to add visual warmth.
- Use a heavy comforter in winter colours and a cozy throw blanket. You will be both warm and festive while you snooze.
- Add a mini tree with mini ornaments – the perfect companion for your morning routine.
- Hang wreaths in the windows to add colour to the blanket of white snow outside.
Often an overlooked room in the home, a little holiday décor in the bathroom will put you in the spirit while you are taking care of business.
- Swap hand towels for hues of red, green, and plaid.
- Fill a decorative bowl with potpourri and pinecones – it doubles as décor and an air freshener!
- Hang garland around the mirror for an extra festive reflection.
Decorate your staircase to be greeted with holiday cheer from the moment you walk in.
- Wrap garland around the handrail. Take it up a notch by adding ornaments, bows, lights and stockings.
- Add décor on the first few steps. Think lanterns, presents, candles, nutcrackers, or marquee letters.
Kitchen & Dining Room
The heart of the home, the beloved kitchen, can benefit from simple swaps to go from “everyday” to “holiday special”.
- Trade your usual dishware and serveware for festive patterns and colours. If you’re not into swapping your dishes, opt for cloth napkins in red or green to dress up your meal.
- Store those delicious holiday cookies you’re baking in a jolly cookie jar.
- Decorate your tabletop so your guests feast with their eyes before a delicious meal. Consider a table runner, candles, foliage, and fun place cards.
The living room is one of the easiest places to add holiday cheer, since so much of the festivities are focused in this key room.
- Dress your tree like it’s going to the MET Gala – hey, it is only making its appearance once a year!
- Hang stockings above the fireplace as they anxiously wait to be filled.
- Add festive pillows and throw blankets to the couch and armchairs to impart a cozy vibe.
Turning your whole home into a festive space for you and your loved ones to enjoy makes the holidays extra special – it comes but once a year!
Need help selling or buying a home? FairSquare Group Realty can help.
We’re the real estate brokerage that offers a smart, modern choice for Canadians. With thousands in commission savings for sellers, $2,000 cash back* for buyers, and experienced professional support every step of the way, it’s the new way home. Yours. Call 1-855-999-9740 to learn more.